Basic guidelines for makeup beginners.
I absolutely love makeup! It is one of the best parts of being a girl. Being able to create different looks and transform yourself. Don’t get me wrong, natural beauty is important! No woman should use makeup to hide! It should only be used as an enhancement to your natural beauty. There are a variety of different looks you can create and shades to use from eyeshadows to lipsticks to blushes. If you are not familiar with makeup and have never used it before you need a starting point. The first thing is, “Where do I begin?” The simple answer … What type of look are you going for? Whether it’s an everyday natural or a night on the town; each of these have their own distinct looks. You can create a daytime face with a light application of product. Whereas, an evening face would require a heavier application of all of your products. Once you’ve established this you’re on your way.
Here are some basic guidelines for beginners:
- SET A BUDGET FOR YOURSELF!!!! If you are just starting out, you probably don’t have anything. This means you have to start from scratch, which can get pretty expensive! Especially if you purchase the higher end products. Once you make your budget, stick to it! (TIP: You don’t have to buy everything right at first! Start with basic items and purchase more here and there. Before you know it, you’ll have a nice size makeup collection!)
- Find and purchase your correct shade of foundation, powder and concealer. ( You can visit your local makeup counter and get a free makeover. They will give you a tutorial and show you what shades best fit your complexion.)
- Along with the foundation you will need: eyeshadow, blush, mascara, eyeliner, lipsticks/lip gloss and the proper makeup brushes. The right brushes are important to get the desired look when applying makeup. Your sales associate will be able to help with that process as well. (When choosing eyeshadow, go with a palette. You get multiple colors and save money at the same time! I find that you can never go wrong with nudes!)
- Get in the mirror and start practicing!!! Just like anything else, “practice makes perfect”! The more you practice applying makeup the better you will become! It just takes some time and patience! (You can find great makeup tutorial videos on Youtube!)
- Have fun with it!!! I always say… putting on makeup is like coloring but on your face!!!
Here are some great starter palettes:
1. Lorac Pro 2 Palette; 2. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette ; 3. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette