What Is It?
The Blogger Recognition Award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers as a way to recognize and appreciate all of the hard work and talent that goes into their websites and blogs.
Where Did I Get It?
You know we are our toughest critics so you always wonder if you’re doing enough, if your post are good enough, does my blog look professional? It’s a huge deal when someone recognizes all your hard work and effort so I want to say a huge thank you to Daneen @ athomewithdaneen for nominating me for this awesome award. Her blog is great, so fun and lighthearted. It covers everything from food to fashion and a lot of cool stuff in between! Go check her out.
How Did My Blog Start?
My blog started out of a need to pursue more for myself. I am a devoted wife and mom and I really love my family, but I had started to get to a point where I wasn’t fulfilled just doing that. I knew I was supposed to do a whole lot more with my life and I knew that I had a story to tell and that I had something to say. I figured there are probably a bunch of other women out there that felt the same way I did and they needed to know that they were not alone. My blog was a way to share my story and my journey in a fun and relatable way. I created this blog to share my passions with other women and let them know that it’s never too late to pursue your passions and make your dreams come true.
My Advice to New Bloggers:
Oh my Gosh… I can only give two pieces of advice, but there is so much I have learned over the last two years and I’m still learning. I have learned more I think about myself than anything, so if I had to just pick two pieces of advice they would be:
1. Be secure in who you are/don’t compare yourself to other bloggers– This is pretty self explanatory, there are tons and I mean tons of bloggers and the pot seems to keep growing everyday. You MUST be secure in who YOU are! I can’t stress this enough. If you are not solid in who you are as a person and not sure of what makes you unique and special then you may need to find something else to do. There is always going to be someone with better pictures, better post, a better site and more followers than you! If you compare yourself to them you will pretty much be finished before you start. There is something special about you and the world deserves to know what that is!
2. Always be learning/find a mentor– Find someone that is doing what you’re doing to guide you along the way. Someone you trust and admire to help you and be there for you. I think it is vital not just for bloggers but in life in general to always be teachable and looking for ways to grow and be better, and to have someone to be accountable to.
Award Winner Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
There are so many great blogs out there and it was so hard to pick just 15, I know how much work goes into just one of these post and all of the blood, sweat and literal tears that we endure. If I could just give an award to everybody I definitely would, even ones that just started. Ok, without further ado… AND THE AWARD GOES TO:
www.skylish.co.uk– great Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle blog, beautiful pics
www.praylovewelness.com– informative Health & Wellness blog
www.yourfavoritemuse.com– beautiful F.B.L. blog w/great pics
www.thecrimeoffashion.com– beautiful F.B.L. blog w/great pics
www.journotalk.blogspot.com– Beautiful Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle blog
www.novelstyleblog.com– gorgeous F.B.L. blog with great pics
www.stylenpoise.com– She’s a stylist and has an amazing and informative fashion blog
www.themarryingtype.blog– transparent/honest blog about motherhood & relationships
www.motivationformom.com– another great motherhood and relationship blog, very informative and funny
www.brittharris.co– She has a gorgeous blog and she is so authentic!
www.emmadurrantblog.wordpress.com– great fashion and lifestyle blog, funny
www.aroshay.com– informative and funny lifestyle blog, great writing, funny
www.thesheapproach.com– great blog for women’s empowerment and building your business
www.glittersandroses.com– great F.B.L. blog, gorgeous site
www.allthingsbeautycouk.wordpress.com– great beauty blog with great tips and brand information
There you have it people! Congratulations to all the winners! I wish you guys all the best and the highest level of success you could ever imagine! You deserve it!
Thank you Daneen again for nominating me! I am totally honored!